NB: This theme is not yet Retina-compatible. If you'd like to see a Retina version, volunteer to help me edit the image files.
* Update (Aug 9): Confirmed working perfectly fine on the newest 2.1.5. Please disregard the comment claiming otherwise.
* Update (Mar 2): Confirmed working fine on 2.1.4. * Update (Dec 28): Seems to work fine on 2.1.2. Just run the installer again after updating. * Update (Dec 2): Now compatible with 2.1.1. (NB: If you get a weird vertical line in your volume bar, go to Preferences -> Show all -> Interface -> macosx, and set "Maximum volume displayed" to 99 to make it go away.)
[Old updates removed for clarity]
To change the sidebar color, you need a SIMBL tool called FB Eye. Get it from here
(courtesy of alexzielenski
This skin is part of a larger suite, which you can download here
for Mavericks, and here
for Mountain Lion.
The font used in the logo is Estrya's Handwriting
. (NB: Logo not working in the most recent versions)
And in case you're wondering: yes, window decorations are on
1) Open the installer
2) Choose whether you want  Transparent controls,  Opaque controls (large), or  Opaque controls (small)
3) If you choose opaque controls, you have an option to make them a tiny bit translucent (to match with Black Dock for Mountain Lion
4) Open VLC, switch to dark mode, and restart the app.
Comments, questions, suggestions etc. are most welcome.