* Update (Apr 9): Guys, please refrain from trying to install this on OSX versions other than Mountain Lion. You'll risk messing up your computer. When in doubt (or in trouble), send me a note.
* Update (Sep 26): Created an installer.
* Update (Aug 29): New flat preview picture.
* Update (Aug 16): Noticed a few graphical bugs, and hopefully fixed all of them. (If there's still something amiss, please let me know in the comments.)
* Update (Aug 16): Added shadowed versions of all four Dock types (doubling the file size) and simplified back buttons for the Grid view. (And changed the preview picture.)
* Update (Aug 2): Removed "Open in Finder" text from Grid + fixed a number of things (e.g. the right-click menu width now matches selection gradient).
* Update (Jul 19): Added Slim, Transparent, and Slim Transparent modifications. (For a screenshot of the slim transparent version, see here.)
This dock comes in
 For full-sized icons (opaque)
 For full-sized icons (opaque with shadow)
 For full-sized icons (transparent)
 For full-sized icons (transparent with shadow)
 For text-based icons (opaque)
 For text-based icons (opaque with shadow)
 For text-based icons (transparent)
 For text-based icons (transparent with shadow)
To see how the right-click menu looks, click here.
1) Back up /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app
2) Open the installer and select a dock type (1-8)
3) Switch to 2d Dock using the terminal command: defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES
4) Optional: To remove the text below grid view icons, make aliases of all apps you want to show in the grid inside a folder; rename the aliases with spaces " " (one space), " " (two spaces), and so forth; and drag the folder to the Dock.
5) Log out for all changes to take effect.
(To uninstall, reinstate the file you backed up; select Uninstall in the installer; run the above terminal command with NO instead of YES; and log out.)
Icons: iOS 7 Icons (Updated) by iynque
Wallpaper can be found here.
Menubar hidden using Menufela.
PS. I'll make a Retina version of the Dock if there's demand for one.
PPS. See also White Dock for Mountain Lion (iOS 7 -esque design)
uninstalling doesn't work. Finder icons are missing now
Which icons? Show me a screen capture. This mod is almost a year old, and no one has ever complained of such a problem.
Oh boy, judging from your screenshot it appears you have installed this mod on Mavericks... Is that correct? I already told you on April 7 that it does not work on Mavericks, and even put up a warning sign two days later.
What you need now is a fresh copy of SArtFile.bin for Mavericks. You can get one from a Time Machine backup, virtual machine, or by running the uninstaller for my Minimal Theme for Mavericks ( k-profiler.deviantart.com/art/… ). Be careful with the last option, though, as it may affect other modifications you may have done on your system (the uninstaller will tell you which files it will restore back to default).
does it work with Mavericks?
my menu highlight turned black from grey. anyway to fix this?
Uhh, don't really remember what was possible under ML anymore.
Time to upgrade to Mavericks, dude!
amazing, can you make a version for Mavericks 10.9 with DockMod? I miss ML
Apart from Finder and Trash, the names of your permanent Dock items are located in the Dock's preference file at ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist (IIRC). You can delete them there. However, they will come back every time you add or delete an app from your Dock. I'd gladly pay someone 10 euros for a better solution.
Oh and IIRC, Trash is in Localizable.strings in the Dock's bundle, and Finder in some even more arcane location that I can neither remember nor find a note of.
This is awesome. I was looking for something like this for a long time. THANK YOU!
Hey when i click on my download stack it becomes transparant how do I fix this ? thanks without replacing the whole dock.app file
Hey never mind I got it fix... For some people that have the same problem, this is what you do
1st Get someone with the same version of your mac (so lets say you have ml 10.8.4 you preferably need someone with that same version)
2. Go into their computer and copy the dock.app file into their desktop name it whatever you like just something different than the original.)
3. Transfer the file via Airdrop. (the one you coppied)
4. now replace the resources file in the dock.app file (right click on dock show package contents.)
Whenever I put my mouse over a file it will display the rest of the name. Like it should.
But the text is black and is very hard to see.
But the text is black and is very hard to see.
If you want to fully get rid of the text, follow this part of the instructions:
"3) Optional: To remove the text below grid view icons, make aliases of all apps you want to show in the grid inside a folder; rename the aliases with spaces " " (one space), " " (two spaces), and so forth; and drag the folder to the Dock."
Let me know if you can't get it to work.
how i can find this media-player skin (i-tunes)?
bwahahaha biggest shit ive seen for a while