* Update (Apr 9): Guys, please refrain from trying to install this on OSX versions other than Mountain Lion. You'll risk messing up your computer. When in doubt (or in trouble), send me a note.
* Update (Sep 26): Created an installer.* Update (Aug 29): New flat preview picture.* Update (Aug 16): Noticed a few graphical bugs, and hopefully fixed all of them. (If there's still something amiss, please let me know in the comments.)* Update (Aug 16): Added shadowed versions of all four Dock types (doubling the file size) and simplified back buttons for the Grid view. (And changed the preview picture.)* Update (Aug 2): Removed "Open in Finder" text from Grid + fixed a number of things (e.g. the right-click menu width now matches selection gradient).* Update (Jul 19): Added Slim, Transparent, and Slim Transparent modifications. (For a screenshot of the slim transparent version, see here.)
This dock comes in
 For full-sized icons (opaque)
 For full-sized icons (opaque with shadow)
 For full-sized icons (transparent)
 For full-sized icons (transparent with shadow)
 For text-based icons (opaque)
 For text-based icons (opaque with shadow)
 For text-based icons (transparent)
 For text-based icons (transparent with shadow)
To see how the right-click menu looks, click here
1) Back up /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app
2) Open the installer and select a dock type (1-8)
3) Switch to 2d Dock using the terminal command: defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES
4) Optional: To remove the text below grid view icons, make aliases of all apps you want to show in the grid inside a folder; rename the aliases with spaces " " (one space), " " (two spaces), and so forth; and drag the folder to the Dock.
5) Log out for all changes to take effect.
(To uninstall, reinstate the file you backed up; select Uninstall in the installer; run the above terminal command with NO instead of YES; and log out.)
Icons: iOS 7 Icons (Updated)
Wallpaper can be found here
Menubar hidden using Menufela
PS. I'll make a Retina version of the Dock if there's demand for one.
PPS. See also White Dock for Mountain Lion (iOS 7 -esque design)